Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tumbln' Tumbln' Tumblweeds (aka I Am One Lazy Motherfucker)

So in case anybody was wondering, yes it is true. Sean Rose has started a Tumblr.

I figured Tumblr would be a fun place to post music videos, considering I love them dearly and actively search for them so much on a daily basis. It is, in a sort of way, a perfect method of showing off whatever music I happen to be into at any given time. And hey, it's in video form! Everybody loves goofy videos with music.

The problem with me using Tumblr, however, is the sense of unwarranted satisfaction I get from it. When I find a cool video to post, I feel like I have accomplished something when in reality I have not. I have done something almost everybody can do! And yet, I swell with pride whenever I post a new video, congratulating myself on my on musical tastes as if I were the coolest motherfucker on the planet. As such, I neglect writing in this blog. Which is not a good thing.

Does this mean I am going to end this blog? Of course not. Does this mean that I am going to ditch my Tumblr and make a clean break? No no. The two can coexist. I just need to find a happy medium between the two, that's all! I have grown fat and lazy on Tumblr and I need to remedy it so I can get back into the blog-writin' groove.

So this is how things are going to work. If you want to listen to me ramble on about rock 'n roll records and giggle at my doodles, you're right where you want to be. If I haven't updated in a while and you are curious about my absence - or if you just want to know what music I am listening to on a daily basis - you should check out dat Tumblr. Either way, expect "What Is This Shit?" to update more frequently! Reviews and Comics, ahoy! And probably more Tom Petty Comics if Steve is willing to doodle them.

See you soon! Probably!

No comments: